Congratulations to OCP2’s 2017 Wellness Champions
On Saturday, May 13th, United Way of Broward County Commission on Substance Abuse (UWBCCSA) and Broward Behavioral Health Coalition’s One Community Partnership 2 (OCP2) presented the 2nd Annual OCP2 Wellness Day at Central Broward Regional Park. Approximately 400 community members attended including Broward County families, youth, and community providers. The event featured a fun-filled day of activities including yoga, sports, crafts, lyrical expression, and performances from Youth M.O.V.E. Broward.
Following the performances, a Wellness Champions Award Recognition ceremony took place to recognize young people, families, and community members who make a difference through their work and personal stories of hope and strength. Awards and their recipients are as follows:
- Youth Advocate of the Year was awarded to Soraya Papayoute, vice president of Youth MOVE Broward, for her efforts to raise awareness about mental health and substance abuse challenges.
- Youth Tip Star of the Year was awarded to Alice Brassfield for her dedication to her wellness and commitment to achieving her goals. Other recipients of the Youth Tip Star of the Year award included Hamfieth Hemans and Idez Munoz.
- Family Advocate of the Year was awarded to Allicia Walford, a family support specialist at Smith Community Mental Health.
- Support Staff of the Year was awarded to Terri Yates, a wellness coach at South Florida Wellness Network.
- Provider of the Year was awarded to Children Services Council of Broward County.