Help learning independent living skills through Transition to Independence Process (TIP) Model. Youth and young adults will work with Transition Facilitators to create their goals and learn a new set of skills to help them live independently. With TIP, the youth are in the driver’s seat and decide their own goals to work on.
SERVICES CAN A YOUNG PERSON RECEIVE THROUGH OCP2
Help finding jobs in the community or going back to school, or Supported Employment / Education through the Individual Placement and Support (IPS). Youth and young adults will be linked to resources from CareerSource, Vocational Rehabilitation, STEP and other programs.
Supports to help find housing and apartments in the community will also be offered to youth (also referred as Supportive Housing) through the Permanent, Supportive Housing / Housing First model along with resources from housing partners across the county.
These services use evidence-based models. Evidence-based means that these practices have been shown through research to be effective and bring out positive results.
HOW DO I KNOW IF A YOUNG PERSON MAY BENEFIT FROM TIP SERVICES?
Young people ages 14-21 with mental health and substance abuse challenges may be identified by providers and peer support agencies, community resource hotlines and other community natural supports such as a church or after-school program. We also accept SELF-REFERRAL from the young person or their families.
Through OCP2, a young person can also receive additional support services such as leadership and advocacy skills or simply be around other young people with lived experience. Go to For Young People & Families tab for more information.
Share this entry
- One Community Partnership 2 is located at Broward Behavioral Health Coalition
- 3521 West Broward Blvd., Suite 206
- Lauderhill ,FL 33312
- United States
- Contact Info:
- Phone: 954.622.8121
- E: OCP2@bbhcflorida.org
- Recognizing the value of peers in the communityAugust 21, 2018 - 3:36 pm
- OCP2 services are more cost effective and produce better outcomes for the youth!June 16, 2018 - 11:07 am
- Recognizing Children’s Mental Health Awareness DayMay 16, 2018 - 4:58 pm
- Broward Board of County Commissioners recognize May as Mental Health Awareness MonthMay 15, 2018 - 8:56 pm