Help learning independent living skills through Transition to Independence Process (TIP) Model. Youth and young adults will work with Transition Facilitators to create their goals and learn a new set of skills to help them live independently. With TIP, the youth are in the driver’s seat and decide their own goals to work on.
WHAT SERVICES CAN A YOUTH RECEIVE THROUGH OCP2
Help finding jobs in the community or going back to school (Supported Employment / Education) through the Individual Placement and Support (IPS). Youth and young adults will be linked to resources from CareerSource, Vocational Rehabilitation, STEP and other programs.
Supports to help find housing and apartments in the community will also be offered to youth (Supportive Housing) through the Permanent, Supportive Housing / Housing First model along with resources from housing partners across the county.
These services use evidence-based models. Evidence-based means that these practices have been shown through research to be effective and bring out positive results.
HOW DO I KNOW IF A YOUTH MAY BENEFIT FROM TIP SERVICES?
Youth ages 14-21 with mental health and substance abuse challenges may be identified by providers and peer support agencies, community resource hotlines and other community natural supports such as a church or after-school program, as well as by self-referral from the youth or their families.
Share this entry
- One Community Partnership 2 @ Broward Behavioral Health Coalition
- 1715 SE 4th Ave.,
- Fort Lauderdale ,FL 33316
- United States
- Contact Info:
- Phone: 954.622.8121
- E: OCP2@bbhcflorida.org
- OCP2 RECEIVES AWARDS ON BEHALF OF BROWARD COUNTY!September 25, 2017 - 1:16 pm
- Congratulations to OCP2’s 2017 Wellness ChampionsMay 16, 2017 - 3:44 pm
- OCP2 2nd Annual Wellness Day event featured on FOX News – Channel 7May 16, 2017 - 1:33 pm
- BROWARD COUNTY COMMISSION PRESENTED PROCLAMATION DECLARING MAY 2017 CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH IN BROWARD COUNTYMay 11, 2017 - 8:51 pm
- About OCP2
- Provider Login
- TIP Providers
- Local Resources