What is Individual Placement & Support (IPS)?
IPS (Individual Placement and Support) supported employment is the only evidence-based model for persons with mental health and co-occurring substance use challenges to help find work at regular jobs of their choosing. Research tells us that 60-70% of people with serious mental illness want to work. However, fewer than 15% of these individuals are employed. People who participate in IPS supported employment programs are almost 3 times more likely to gain employment than those who engage in other types of vocational programs.
Benefits of IPS:
- Work promotes recovery and wellness
- Practitioners work in collaboration with state vocational rehabilitation counselors
- IPS uses a multidisciplinary team approach with mental health practitioners
- Services are individualized and long lasting
- Includes Supported Education for career development
Broward is the first county in the state of Florida offering IPS and is also part of the International Learning Community with the IPS Employment Center at the Rockville Institute. Learn more at: www.IPSWorks.org
Who is eligible to receive these services?
The person must be working age (16 and older) and must have a primary suspected or documented mental health or substance use needs with an employment or education goal.
Where can a young person access these services?
One Community Partnership 2 (OCP2) has contracted with several local community agencies to offer this service to young people. See updated list of IPS Community Programs.
- One Community Partnership 2 @ Broward Behavioral Health Coalition
- 1715 SE 4th Ave.,
- Fort Lauderdale ,FL 33316
- United States
- Contact Info:
- Phone: 954.622.8121
- E: OCP2@bbhcflorida.org
- Congratulations to OCP2’s 2017 Wellness ChampionsMay 16, 2017 - 3:44 pm
- OCP2 2nd Annual Wellness Day event featured on FOX News – Channel 7May 16, 2017 - 1:33 pm
- BROWARD COUNTY COMMISSION PRESENTED PROCLAMATION DECLARING MAY 2017 CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH IN BROWARD COUNTYMay 11, 2017 - 8:51 pm
- Nominate a Wellness Champion!March 27, 2017 - 11:22 am
- About OCP2
- Provider Login
- TIP Providers
- Local Resources