In partnership with the United Way of Broward County Commission on Substance Abuse and Broward Behavioral Health Coalition hosted their first annual “OCP2 Wellness Day” for Broward County youth, families, and community providers on Saturday, May 14th. Close to two hundred youth, young adults, their families, as well as other community members of all ages attended the free event at Central Broward Regional Park in Lauderhill and took part in a fun-filled day of exciting activities including a basketball dunking contest, kickball, yoga/meditation, arts and crafts.
What is Social Marketing?
Social marketing plays an important role in system of care transformation efforts. It can use tools and techniques that prevention professionals can use to help improve prevention activities in their communities. Experts describe it as “applying marketing principles and techniques to advance a social cause, idea, or behavior” (Philip Kotler).
As part of a SAMHSA System of Care grantee, OCP2 is required to implement Social Marketing Plan aligned with the OCP2 Comprehensive Strategic Plan. This living document is updated and enhanced annually based on feedback from the community and committees. Successful OCP2 Social Marketing efforts will result in:
- Increased advocacy, empowerment, and collaboration between youth, young adults, their families, providers, and systems.
- Reduced stigma surrounding mental health that may form barriers for young adults in seeking care
- Increased knowledge and understanding of the youth system of care benefits positive outcomes for the mental health and substance-use issues and services among target audiences.
Mental Health Awareness Month
Since the beginning of the grant, One Community Partnership (OCP2) with the support of its partners has been taking part in different annual events during the month of May to celebrate Children’s Mental Health Awareness month.
On Saturday, May 13th, in partnership with United Way of Broward County Commission on Substance Abuse and Broward Behavioral Health Coalition presented the 2nd Annual OCP2 Wellness Day at Central Broward Regional Park. Approximately 400 community members attended including Broward County families, youth and community providers. The event featured a fun-filled day of activities including yoga, sports, crafts, lyrical expression and performances from Youth M.O.V.E. Broward. The performances were followed by a Wellness Champions Award Recognition ceremony to recognize young people, families and community members who make a difference through their work and personal stories of hope and strength.
Awards & Recognitions
Every year, SAMHSA hosts the Excellence in Community Communications and Outreach (ECCO) Recognition Program. ECCO showcases outstanding social marketing efforts of grantees that build community-based programs incorporating systems of care for children, youth, and young adults and their families. The program also provides an opportunity for grantees to learn from the social marketing efforts of their peers. Find out more about the ECCO Recognition Program
for the OCP2 Social Marketing Plan, Year 1 in the Communications/Social Marketing Planning Category.
for OCP2 Mental Health Celebration in the National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day Category
for OCP2 E-Newsletter in the Internal Constituents Category.
for the OCP2 Logo Development in the Children, Youth, Young Adults Category.
- One Community Partnership 2 @ Broward Behavioral Health Coalition
- 1715 SE 4th Ave.,
- Fort Lauderdale ,FL 33316
- United States
- Contact Info:
- Phone: 954.622.8121
- E: OCP2@bbhcflorida.org
- Congratulations to OCP2’s 2017 Wellness ChampionsMay 16, 2017 - 3:44 pm
- OCP2 2nd Annual Wellness Day event featured on FOX News – Channel 7May 16, 2017 - 1:33 pm
- BROWARD COUNTY COMMISSION PRESENTED PROCLAMATION DECLARING MAY 2017 CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH IN BROWARD COUNTYMay 11, 2017 - 8:51 pm
- Nominate a Wellness Champion!March 27, 2017 - 11:22 am
- About OCP2
- Provider Login
- TIP Providers
- Local Resources